Business Analytics Essentials (BAE)
“Every business is an analytics business, every business process is an analytics process and every person is an analytics user” – Gartner
Organisations are beginning to embrace business analytics, with IT and the business partnering to derive maximum value from their data. By 2020, data will digitalize 80% of business processes and products. Operation processes will become digitalized through machine learning. As data mining and business intelligence tools advance, more decisions will be made for your company and they will be based less on personal analysis and more on algorithms, which Gartner is calling automated judgment.
Business Analytics Essentials (BAE) is a course on how to use business analytics to make better business or organisational decisions.
Introduction to Business Analytics
- Concepts of Business Analytics
- Importance and advantages of Business Analytics
Different Types of Analytics
- Predictive Analytics, Descriptive Analytics, and Prescriptive Analytics
- Text Analytics and Web Analytics
- Different Application of analytics method
Data / Information Architecture
- Data / information architecture
- Data Warehousing
- Business intelligence
- Application of Analytics in an Organisation Scenario
Quality of Data for Business Analytics
- Different types of data for analytics
- Data Security and Privacy
- Data Governance
- Data Structures and Data Sets
Data Mining for Business Analytics
- Fundamentals of Data Mining
- Objectives of Data Mining
- Key aspects of Data Mining
Data Mining Processes
- Concepts of KDD
- Various models in Data Mining
- Data Mining Model vs Statistical Model
- Data Mining Processes
Data Mining Techniques
- Supervised Machine Learning Models
- Unsupervised Machine Learning Models
- Statistical Models
- Regression Models
- Clustering and Predictive Analytics
Tools for Data Mining
- Tools for Data Mining
- Data Mining Software Tools standards
- Advantages and disadvantages of respective tools
R and Python Software Tools
- Introduction to R and Python
- Features of R and Python
- Exploration of Use Cases with R and Python
Participants are required to pass an examination. This exam tests a candidate’s knowledge and skills based on the syllabus covered in the course.
Participants will be awarded a Certificate of Competency in Business Analytics Essentials (BAE) upon meeting the requirements of the course and passing the examination.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE?
Business Analytics Essentials (BAE) is designed for anyone who have little or no understanding, knowledge of, or experience in Business Analytics and would like the opportunity to learn in a supportive and encouraging environment.
Class is limited to 20 participants as hands-on sessions and real-time demonstration is expected.
Price: $1 575 plus taxes.REGISTER