Internet of Things (IoT) Security Essentials (IOTSE)
Experts have warned of the potential risk of large numbers of unsecured devices connecting to the Internet since the Internet of Things (IoT) concept was first proposed in the late 1990s.
Networking appliances and other objects is relatively new, security has not always been considered in product design. IoT products are often sold with old and unpatched embedded operating systems and software.
Internet of Things (IoT) Security Essentials (IOTSE) is a course on how to safeguard connected devices and networks in Internet of Things (IOT). Participants will learn about the how to integrate the security aspect into their IOT design taking into consideration all the threats that can possibly happen.
Need of Internet of Things (IoT) Security
- Requirement and Basic Properties, Main Challenges, Confidentiality, Integrity, Availability, Non-Repudiation
Internet of Things (IoT) Architecture
- Device – device, Device – Cloud, Device – Gateway, Gateway – Cloud, Cloud – Backend – Applications
Security Classification & Access Control
- Data classification (Public and Private), Privacy issues in IoT, IoT Authentication and Authorization, IoT Data Integrity
Web Based Attacks and Implementation in IoT
- Denial of Service, Sniffing, Phishing, DNS Hijacking, Pharming, Defacement etc
- Cipher – Symmetric Key Algorithms (AES and DES), Asymmetric Key Algorithm (RSA)
- Attacks – Dictionary and Brute Force, Lookup Tables, Reverse Lookup Tables, Rainbow Tables
- Hashing – MD5, SHA256, SHA512, RipeMD, and WHIRLPOOL, Salt , Best practices
Attack Surface in IoT and Threat Assessment
- Embedded Device – UART, SPI, I2C, JTAG
- Software and Cloud components – Firmware of the device, Web Application Dashboard, Mobile Application used to Control, Configure and Monitor the devices
- Radio Communication – WiFi, BLE, Cellular, Zigbee*, ZWave*, 6LoWPAN
Iot Protocol inbuilt Security Features
- On Transport Layer – SSL/TLS and DTLS
- On Application Layer – MQTT, CoAP, XMPP, AMQP
- Identity and Access Management, Key Management
Model Discussions Along with Use Cases
- Smart Home, Smart Agriculture, Smart Retail Supply, Smart Healthcare, Smart Grid, Smart Cities
A valid Certification of Competency either Advanced Internet of Things (IOT), some basic understanding in internet of things or software development.
Participants are encouraged to attempt and pass an examination at the end of the course. This exam tests a candidate’s knowledge and skills related to Internet of Things (IOT) Security based on the syllabus covered in the course.
Participants will be awarded and a Certificate of Competency in Internet of Things (IOT) Security Essentals (IOTSE) upon meeting the requirements of the course and passing the examination.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE?
This course is designed for participants who are interested in pursuing a career in the areas of Internet of Things (IOT) Security.
Internet of Things (IOT) Security Essentials (IOTSE) is intended to equip you with a set of skills that you can draw on to implement the technology in your organisation.
Class is limited to 20 participants as hands-on sessions and real-time demonstration is expected.
Price:$ 1 495 plus taxesREGISTER