Project management is a career that has seen steady growth in recent years. This growth is attributed to the complex processes taking place within industries that have the goal of delivering unique products and services to their clients. A project manager’s purpose is to help achieve these goals through five stages— initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and closing.
Training and experience are of the utmost importance to being a successful project manager, and that is where a Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification can help. The PMP certification imparts the concepts, tools, and techniques that are needed to succeed in the industry. Through a rigorous process of study, examination, and completion, you can gain the knowledge to be an effective leader in any situation.
Frequently Asked Questions – Project Management Certification
1. What are the benefits of having a Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification?
Project managers with the PMP certification and accreditation are in great demand for companies looking to increase productivity, morale, and revenue for their businesses. Being PMP Certified demonstrates that you have the knowledge and experience required to achieve these goals. The PMP certification is not easy to obtain; passing it demonstrates your dedication, competence, and attention to detail. As a result, you’ll be an asset to any company seeking a project manager.
2. Who is the issuer of the PMP certification?
BEVA Learning Institute offers project management courses in Ontario and other provinces which prepares students to write the PMP exam. The students book the exam through the Project Management Institute, located in the United States, who issues the certification once the student passes the exam.
3. What courses should one consider when considering entering Project Management?
BEVA Learning Institute provides project management courses in Ottawa and other provinces that can help students gain knowledge in project management. If you want to increase your industry knowledge and are considering becoming a certified project management professional, check out these courses:
- Project Management Fundamentals — Hands-on experience collaborating on projects with an instructor. Students work on their current Project Management skills and incorporate new ones into their repertoire.
- Agile — Teaches skills for the PMI-ACP exam, Agile principles, and how to use Agile techniques to adapt to changes in the industry.
- MS Project — Implementation of MS Project for your project management needs.
- Project Risk Management — Focuses on risk management principles necessary to mitigate any issues that may arise when working on a project.
4. Where can you apply Project Management?
Any company that is looking for leaders who can effectively push corporate goals has a need for project managers. Technology, finance, engineering, product development, and construction are some of the most popular sectors requiring project management professionals. Any industry that you can think of employs some type of project management within their processes.
5. Where can I get more information on PMP certifications?
If you’re interested in learning more about Project Management Professional certifications, visit www.pmi.org. The Project Management Institute offers a range of certifications needed for Project Management, such as certified associate, business analyst, agile certified practitioner, etc. To help keep professionals up to date, PMI has information on the industry through a variety of media such as blogs, podcasts, and webinars.
If you’re interested in becoming PMP Certified, BEVA can help you with a knowledgeable team of experienced and certified instructors. BEVA offers a variety of project management courses in Ontario and other provinces that are necessary for preparation for PMP certification. If you want to make a change in your career and are interested in becoming a certified Project Management Professional, BEVA can help you go further.