Certified Design Thinking Professional – CDTP®
Certified Design Thinking Professional (CDTP)®
GInI Certified Design Thinking Professional (CDTP)® is GInI’s recognition of innovation professionals who have demonstrated an advanced understanding of the key topics relating to Human-Centered Design, Design Thinking, the Design Thinking process, and Design Methods.
CDTP certification affirms an individual’s proficiency at this most crucial of innovation methods. This includes: the Human-Centered Design (HCD) philosophy, Design Thinking overall, the Design Thinking process, Points of View, Design Principles, Design Methods for Observation, Design Methods for Inquiry, Design Methods for Experimenting, Design Methods for Study, and the critical role of Prototyping.
Certification & Exam
The CDTP® certification is for professionals who desire or intend to take on the role of Innovation Specialist within a business, and thus wish to develop a deeper insight into the highly-critical Design Thinking approach to Innovation. This person will in many cases work as an internal consultant serving numerous Innovation Teams within a business, often as a part of the business’ Core Innovation Group or Innovation Lab.
The CDTP® certification is also for who simple wishes to demonstrate a deeper understanding of Human-Centered Design philosophy, the Design Thinking Process, and the affiliated Design Methods.
The CDTP® certification is intended for front-line professionals and mid-level managers with several years’ experience working directly in innovation. If one has less than two years’ experience working in Innovation or related area, they should first seek CInP® certification and at least two years’ experience working in Innovation or a related area prior to pursuing CDTP® certification.
The training associated with the CDTP® certification is designed to impact a deep understanding of the core elements of Design Thinking, namely: the Human-Centered Design Philosophy; the Design Thinking process; and the many affiliated Design Methods-grouped into four groups designated as the Observe Methods, the Question Methods, the Experiment Methods, and the Study Methods. The training attempts to impact hands-on practice with select Design Methods so that they can be put to immediate use within one’s business.
Become a Part of the Exclusive World of Design Thinking
You will develop a deep understanding of the philosophy, methodology, and tools of Design Thinking, to become initiated into one of the world’s most powerful and impactful approaches to innovation. You will learn how to explore customer and market needs deeply with a designer’s mindset.
Become a Powerful Voice for Customer Empathy
You will learn how to dive into and explore your customers’ world with a deep sense of empathy for both their spoken and unspoken needs. You will also learn how to leverage these insights to deliver greater value that more effectively solves for their tension points.
Learn How to Get to the Real ”Problem Behind the Problem”
You will learn how to formulate and test hypotheses around problems and opportunities for a clearer understanding of the real problem behind the perceived problem. You will learn how to use this as a method for consistently de-risking your organization’s innovation endeavors.
Become a Driving Force for Delivering Winning Brand Experiences
By understanding how to reframe problems you will be able to develop a concise point of view regarding how to best position new solutions and brand experiences. This will help to ensure that everything your organization does delivers a consistent and valued brand message.
Step 1- Meet the exam eligibility requirements:
To be eligible to register for the CDTP exam, an individual must meet ONE of the following criteria:
– A Bachelors or Master’s degree in Design Methods, regardless of experience.
– A minimum of one year of professional experience with a Master’s degree or higher.
– A minimum of two years of professional experience with a Bachelor’s degree.
– A minimum of four years of professional experience with less than a Bachelor’s degree.
– In addition, the individual must show proof of ownership of the GInI Applied Innovation Master Book®
Step 2- Apply for and pass the CDTP exam
The CDTP is a 90-minute exam with 90 multiple-choice questions and a passing score of 65%.
|Obtaining CInP Certification||GInI Member||Non Member|
|Exam Enrollment Fee||450 USD||550 USD|
|IDU Application Submission fee every 3 year cycle||75 USD||125 USD|
CDTP Course Description
Expected Outcomes of the GInI CDTP® Course
The expected outcomes of the CDTP® exam preparation course are:
1. Participants are exposed to the topical content of the course through a clear explanation of each topic.
2. Participants are able to develop a useable understanding of the course content. This is augmented by:
a. Deeper Instructor explanation (for example, the answering of clarifying questions).
b. Additional classroom discussions among participants.
c. Application of the hands-on exercises provided in the Course Exercise Guide and Exercise Materials.
d. Further study and review of the content in the Course Workbook.
3. Participants are ultimately able to complete and pass the CDTP® Exam to obtain formal CDTP® certification.
Topical Objectives of the GInI CDTP® Course
The objectives of this course are teach participants the following key topics:
- The Design Thinking Professional – A New Way of Looking at Needs Lesson 1
- Introduction to Design Thinking Lesson 2
- The Human Centered Design Philosophy Lesson 3
- The Design Thinking Process Lesson 4
- Introduction to Design Methods Lesson 5
- Design Methods for Empathize Lesson 6 6a – Design Methods / 6b – Observe Methods / 6c – Question Methods / 6d – Study Methods
- Design Methods for Define Lesson 7 7a – Design Methods / 7b – Observe Methods / 7c – Question Methods / 7d – Study Methods
- The Point of View Lesson 8
- Design Methods for Point of View Lesson 9 9a – Design Methods / 9b – Study Methods
- The Design Principles Lesson 10
- Prototyping in Design Thinking Lesson 11
- Design Methods for Ideate Lesson 12 12a – Design Methods / 12b – Question Methods / 12c – Study Methods
- Design Methods for Test Lesson 13 13a – Design Methods / 13b – Question Methods / 13c – Experiment Methods / 13d – Study Methods
- Wrap Up on Design Methods Lesson 14
- Design Thinking & Human Centered Design Summary & Additional Considerations Lesson 15
- Wrap Up & Recap – What Have We Learned? Lesson 16
- About the CDTP® Certification Process & Exam Lesson 17
- The Business Impact of Design Thinking Lesson 18
- The Design Thinker’s Role in the Business Lesson 19
- Some History of Design Thinking Lesson 20
- More on Brainstorming Lesson 21
- Other Design Methods Lesson 22
- Other Observe Methods Lesson 22a
- Other Question Methods Lesson 22b
- Other Experiment Methods Lesson 22c
- Other Study Methods Lesson 22d
- Useful Resources for Design Thinking Professionals Lesson 23
Investment for taking the (CDTP) course
|Virtual Instructor Led||In class|
|CDTP course fee||CONTACT US NOW for pricing||CONTACT US NOW for pricing|