Certified Innovation Professional – CInP®
Certified Innovation Professional (CInP)®
Certified Innovation Professional (CInP)® is GInI’s recognition of working professionals who have demonstrated an advanced understanding of key topics relating to business innovation and innovation management.
CInP certification affirms an individual’s proficiency at key and foundational innovation methods and tools. This includes: research and insights mining, brainstorming and the GInI Breakthrough Innovation Method, Design Thinking, innovation project structuring, the GInI Innovation Management System, the different roles of the Innovation Manager, leading and building innovation teams, engagement & intrapreneuring, open innovation, innovation storytelling, and idea selection.
Certification & Exam
The CInP® certification is for those with little or no experience working directly in innovation, but who wish to gain an understanding of Business Innovation and how to drive it inside the business enterprise. It is also for those who – on top of having significant Innovation experience – wish to demonstrate their knowledge and mastery of Business Innovation.
The CInP® certification is intended for both front-line working professionals and mid-level managers, including those with limited or no Innovation experience. If one has no direct experience working in innovation, or less than four years total professional experience, then they should first begin with CInP® certification.
The training associated with CInP® certification is designed to impart an understanding of a number of foundational topics on Innovation and Innovation Management, including: the fundamentals of Business Innovation; the different types of innovation that businesses produce; the profiles of different innovator types; an understanding of imagination, creativity, ideation, and brainstorming; how to drive Innovation projects inside of businesses; the use of insights research for Innovation; what Design Thinking is; storytelling; idea evaluation and selection; the Innovation Management process; the role of Innovation Program Leaders; and the role of Innovation Project Leaders.
Become an Innovative Thinker
You will come to understand what innovation is and the role it plays in driving business forward. You will learn how to think differently about the value and experiences your organization delivers to the markets. You will learn specific methods and techniques for pursuing innovation and ensuring innovation projects make it safely from concept to market.
Become the Driving Force for New Levels of Market Connection
By learning how to drive powerful and market-led solutions to emerging challenges, you will become recognized as a driving force for constantly reconnecting your business and its markets at increasingly higher levels. This will enable you to deliver meaningful impact to the business and transform it into a truly innovative organization.
Learn to See the World with New Eyes
You will come to understand how innovation requires stepping back and looking at challenges through a new set of lenses. You will learn how to decompose challenges into new hypotheses that can be tested and verified. You will also learn how to reexamine and challenge existing orthodoxies in the hunt for new and better ways to solve challenges.
Become a Catalyst for “What’s Next“
You will develop a deep appetite for finding new and better ways to deliver customer value and experiences. You will learn how to conceive market-winning next generation solutions and how to advocate for these within the organization. You will come to understand how to be deeply attuned to your markets and how to deliver new demand-creating value in those markets.
Obtaining Certified Innovation Professional (CInP) Certification
Step 1 – Meet the exam eligibility requirements
To be eligible to register for the CInP exam, an individual must show proof ownership of the GInI Applied Innovation Master Book®.
Step 2 – Apply for and pass the CInP exam
The CInP is a 90-minute exam with 90 multiple-choice questions and a passing score of 60%.
|Obtaining CInP Certification||GInI Member||Non Member|
|Exam Enrollment Fee||450 USD||550 USD|
|IDU Application Submission fee every 3 year cycle||75 USD||125 USD|
CInP Course Description
Expected Outcomes of the GInI CInP® Course
The expected outcomes of the CInP® exam preparation course are:
1. Participants are exposed to the topical content of the course through a clear explanation of each topic.
2. Participants are able to develop a useable understanding of the course content. This is augmented by:
a. Deeper Instructor explanation (for example, the answering of clarifying questions).
b. Additional classroom discussions among participants.
c. Application of the hands-on exercises provided in the Course Exercise Guide and Exercise Materials.
d. Further study and review of the content in the Course Workbook.
3. Participants are ultimately able to complete and pass the CInP® Exam to obtain formal CInP® certification.
Topical Objectives of the GInI CInP® Course
The objectives of this course are teach participants the following key topics:
- The Innovation Professional – World Changers of the Business World Lesson 1
- The Fundamentals of Innovation – Getting to Know Business Innovation Lesson 2
- The Three Phases of Innovation Project Work Lesson 3
- Innovation’s Design Outputs – The Many Forms of “What’s New” Lesson 4
- The Effective Innovator – Einstein, Edison, Jobs, and You Lesson 5
- Creativity & Creativity Methods – Tapping Into Innovation’s Source of Life Lesson 6
- Ideation & Brainstorming – Bringing New Ideas to Life Lesson 7
- The Breakthrough Innovation Method – Oblique Examination Put to Work Lesson 8
- Getting Innovation Done – Running Innovation Projects in the Business Lesson 9 9a – Overview / 9b – FEI / 9c – MZI / 9d – BEI / 9e – Final Thoughts
- The Big Dig – The Role of Research in Innovation Lesson 10 10a – Core Concepts / 10b – People Research / 10c – Market Research / 10d – Forward-Looking Research / 10e – Hard Research / 10f – Opportunity Scouting & Needfinding / 10g – The Insights Plan
- Design Thinking & Human-Centered Design Lesson 11
- The Innovation Manager – Grand Masters of the New Lesson 12
- Leading & Building Core Innovation Teams Lesson 13
- The Innovation Manager as Project Leader – Driving Focused Innovation Lesson 14
- The Innovation Management Process – Driving Innovation Throughput in the Business Lesson 15
- Storytelling – How to Spark the Imagination & Turn Ships Lesson 16
- Selecting the Winning Ideas – My Innovation is Better Than Your Innovation Lesson 17
- Integration – Pulling This All Together Lesson 18
- About the CInP® Certification Process & Exam Lesson 19
- Engagement – The Art of Participatory Innovation Lesson 20
- The Innovation Manager as Liaison – Leveraging Open Innovation Lesson 21
- Program & Project Management Tools for Innovation Management Lesson 22
- Useful Resources for Innovation Professionals Lesson 23
Investment for taking the (CInP) course
|Virtual Instructor Led||In class|
|CInP course fee||CONTACT US NOW for pricing||CONTACT US NOW for pricing|