Certified Innovation Strategist – CInS®
Certified Innovation Strategist (CInS)®
GInI Certified Innovation Strategist (CInS)® is GInI’s recognition of business leaders who have demonstrated an advanced understanding of key topics relating to innovation strategy, business model innovation, customer experience innovation, and opportunity promotion.
CInS certification affirms an individual’s proficiency at select advanced innovation methods and tools. This includes innovation strategy formation, the GInI Innovation Strategy Cycle, the GInI Strategic Innovation Compass, the GInI Strategic Innovation Roadmap, strategic innovation portfolios, the GInI Business Model Innovation Framework and Business Model Canvas, the GInI Customer Experience Journey Map, and the GInI Winning Business Plan and Pitch Deck.
Certification & Exam
You will develop the ability to see innovation as a strategic tool for advancing the relevance, growth, and resilience of your organization. You will furthermore develop the ability to guide your organization strategically in defining and pursuing a specific course for innovation. As part of this, you will be able to examine the many options for an innovation portfolio from which organizations can select options that balance the short, medium, and long-term needs of the organization.
Become a Leading Advocate for Customer Values and Experiences
You will deepen your focus on market pull and on solving real market challenges around customer values and experiences. This drives deeper engagement of customers with your brand and allows your business to move from empathy to revenue.
Learn How to Effectively Discern Market Needs and Define “What’s Next”
You will learn effective methods and tools to help your organization uncover new sources of value for its markets. This includes how to prioritize these for maximum impact relative to emerging trends and scenarios. You will learn how to look both inside and outside the organization for the most promising new models of market engagement.
Become a Champion of Your Organization’s Own “True North”
You will develop the ability to take an objective look at how your organization is delivering new innovation to ensure it is maximizing its overall impact on both its markets and the business.
Step 1- Meet the exam eligibility requirements:
To be eligible to register for the CInS exam, an individual must meet ONE of the following criteria:
– Hold a CInP Certificate plus a minimum of two years of professional experience.
– A minimum of two years of professional experience with a Master’s degree or higher.
– A minimum of four years of professional experience with a Bachelor’s degree.
– A minimum of seven years of professional experience with less than a Bachelor’s degree.
– In addition, the individual must show proof of ownership of the GInI Applied Innovation Master Book®
Step 2- Apply for and pass the CInS exam
The CInS is a 120-minute exam with 120 multiple-choice questions and a passing score of 65%.
|Obtaining CInS Certification||GInI Member||Non Member|
|Exam Enrollment Fee||550 USD||650 USD|
|IDU Application Submission fee every 3 year cycle||100 USD||150 USD|
CInS Course Description
Expected Outcomes of the GInI CInS® Course
The expected outcomes of the CInS® exam preparation course are:
1. Participants are exposed to the topical content of the course through a clear explanation of each topic.
2. Participants are able to develop a useable understanding of the course content. This is augmented by:
a. Deeper instructor explanation (for example, the answering of clarifying questions).
b. Additional classroom discussions among participants.
c. Application of the hands-on exercises provided in the Course Workbook and Case Study materials.
d. Further study and review of the content in the Course Workbook.
3. Participants are ultimately able to complete and pass the CInS® Exam to obtain formal CInS® certification.
Topical Objectives of the GInI CInS® Course
The objectives of this course are teach participants the following key topics:
- The Innovation Strategist Lesson 1
- Setting the Framework – On Relevance Lesson 2
- Understanding Innovation Lesson 3
- Innovation Strategy Prologue Lesson 4
- Establishing the Innovation Strategy Lesson 5
- The Innovation Strategy Cycle Lesson 6
- The Strategic Innovation Pathways Lesson 7
- The Strategic Innovation Portfolio / Portfolio Mix Lesson 8
- 10X Breakthrough Innovation Lesson 9
- On Becoming Discovery Driven Lesson 10
- Needfinding – Working Our Hunting Grounds – The Search for New Opportunity Lesson 11
- Understanding the Experience Economy Lesson 12
- Designing the Customer Experience Lesson 13
- Business Model Innovation Lesson 14
- Building a Winning Business Plan Lesson 15
- The Strategic Innovation Vehicles – Driving the Innovation Strategy Lesson 16
- Building a Winning Pitch Story / Pitch Deck Lesson 17
- About the CInS® Certification Process & Exam Lesson 18
- The Broader Impact of Innovation Lesson 19
- Useful Resources for Innovation Strategists Lesson 20
Investment for taking the (CInS) course
|Virtual Instructor Led||In class|
|CInS course fee||CONTACT US NOW for pricing||CONTACT US NOW for pricing|