Technology is constantly evolving, reshaping, and remolding the world. Without technology, humanity would not continue to advance as we have. As new technologies are introduced, there has to be the businesses and groups that adopt and adapt to these changes. Unless you are prepared to utilize emerging technologies, you and your employees might fall behind—and no one wants to be considered outdated or obsolete in their industry.
That is why you should consider an emerging technologies training course or institute. The choices are many, but which ones are the best and why? We’re going to introduce a number of programs today to help you decide.
What are Emerging Technologies?
This day in age is full of new and exciting technologies. Emerging technologies have yet to become mainstream, but that doesn’t mean that you should wait to familiarize yourself and your employees with these technologies. Here is a brief look at the latest emerging technologies:
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) – tools that are designed to copy the manual movements of humans using a rule-based process. Mirrors the same workflow as humans. RPA can be used for doing payroll, recruitment, IT services, customer management, and financing and accounting tasks.
- Blockchain – a digital ledger that is ever-growing and cryptographically signed, providing indisputable archives of data transfer. It is very trustworthy and decentralized.
- Internet of Things (IoT) – a network of physical objects, such as vehicles, computers, smartphones, buildings, and more, that are all connected with electronic software, network connections, sensors and more. IoT enables transference and collection of data between these devices.
- Machine Learning (ML) – a type of AI that strives to train computers to recognize and sift through large volumes of data by using algorithms to enable human-like reasoning and deduction.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) – the science of training computers to think like humans, including software such as Object Character Recognition, language processing (Natural Language Processing/NLP), speech and facial recognition, pattern recognition, and much more.
What are Emerging Technologies Training Courses and Institutes?
Here is a look at some learning institutions offering courses in emerging technologies:
- Extron, School of Emerging Technologies 4K – In-depth training aimed at consultants, sales professionals, computer system designers and the like to help them better understanding 4K AV technology. The course is instructor-led, providing hands-on experience, and works with Extron technologies specifically.
- Global Knowledge Emerging Technologies Training Courses – An accredited institution offering online training in bundles or as single courses. You can choose one subject or type of emerging technology, or you can delve into more things like Business Intelligence (BI), Digital Twins, Virtual Reality (VR), and Augmented Reality (AR).
- BEVA Global Training Courses – The ideal choice for businesses and project management, BEVA Global has a broad range of courses that introduce technologies like AGILE, SCRUM, cloud data, and other kinds of software that are used on the job. If you want to get ahead in the workplace, BEVA has the courses you need.
- University Courses – One example is the North American Stanford University’s Energy Innovation and Emerging Technologies certificate. The courses are offered online and consist of topics like sustainability, clean energy, energy conservation, solar cells, and more. Unlike other courses listed, university courses like the one offered at Stanford are aimed at those with Masters degrees and PhDs, so it is not recommended for beginners.
- Coursera Emerging Technologies Courses – Coursera and other MOOC sites (like edX) have a broad array of certifications pertaining to smartphones and IoT, big data, cloud computing, smart devices, augmented reality, video streaming, blockchain, energy technologies, and much more. These courses are offered by a wide array of universities throughout the world, and some of them are even free to access.
Depending on the kind of emerging technology you are hoping to study, the institution you select will be different. You might choose to enroll in a course from BEVA Global that is very specific to your skill set, or you might choose a more intensive course like the one from Extron or something from a university. Either way, studying emerging technologies will keep you relevant within your niche, so get started today.